Monday, April 19, 2010

#1: how i can't just eat healthy

brown rice has been thwarting my attempts, all week long, to establish a healthy eating regiment. how hard has it been? ..ever try to balance yourself on your own face? that's how hard it has been. that is also, what she said.

in retrospect, i don't actually feel that cooking b.rice is a big deal. i'm just surprised at the level-of-diffculty re: healthy eating. sometimes it's gross to just imagine eating healthily.


case and point: eggplant.. it sounds disgusting and probably tastes just as much. but healthy? ..it probably is. i would rather eat myself than eat an eggplant.


and in another attempt, i turned to my iPhone for help. 'lose-it' is an app that is supposed to help me record and track my 'goals', in order to encourage my healthy foray. but so far, it's just managed to depress me.


i don't really want to know that a double whopper is like 9-thousand calories. how about recommending something healthy, that tastes like a double whopper?


is it just me?

i don't know if i'm the only one who finds healthy food hard to swallow (pun fully intended). i don't blame americans for causing the earth to spin more slowly by becoming so fat. they have delicious things like: deep fried cheescake & deep fried bacon. say no to that... no really, try and say no.
i can't.

i totally would eat healthier, if: it didn't take so much patience or if it let me use my taste buds.


for example: the only thing worse than a brussel sprout is: having to actually eat one. to me, they're the testicles of the vegetable kingdom. and who wants to eat testicles? besides stupids, of course.



saturday musings

5 comments:

lols. i share your sentiments my friend.. it's even harder when the family is used to eating ethnic food. plus eating healthier is much more expensive.
you can do it friend! we CAN do this! :)) -M

Try hungry girl, meals and treats that are supposed to satisfy you with fewer calories. I wonder though if after eating the low"er" calorie brownie I won't be tempted to eat a full fat one and then double my calorie intake anyway.

BTW: Who's ever heard of a curry over brown rice, please count me out! :)

Funny how this is the topic I read when I sign on here... I'm having the same trouble too. I actually love healthy food but when you get home from work feeling exhausted, you don't want to spend an hour preparing a meal, you wanna eat quick and relax! And I have a sweet tooth on top of it all, so I'm lost :S

However, I do suggest you try one of those eggplants. They look strange, its a weird name, but they're a great additive to stews or an alternative veggie dish. If you dry them out and put a peanut sauce over them, they are fantastic! Take a lesson from Dr. Seuss and try them.. you never know, you may like them.

Melt some butter or cheezwhiz on those veggies!

I love your honesty. I've been a vegetarian for years and feel like I hear a lot of what you are saying.

I was never raised loving healthy food. To be honest my parents had always lacked creativity and any attempt to make healthy food always turned out poorly. It wasn't until I went to college that I decided to become a vegetarian. It was at that point that eating healthy became a hobby.

I'm a very creative person so taking on a new hobby of food was exciting for me. So I started to cook. Anyway, all I'm saying is you can do it. You just need to learn to crave healthy foods and you can do that by eating them a lot.

I would recommend you read http://plantingprogress.org//home/school-food-nutrition/h1addiction-reason-school-lunch-reformh1/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+PlantingProgress+(PlantingProgress).

PS- Cook brown rice in vegetable broth with some shallots and sauté some eggplant with zucchini in some teriyaki sauce. You'll start to crave it ;)

Good luck to you my friend!

Post a Comment